A man has been arrested after a “brazen” night of five burglaries on a street in South Auckland earlier this week.

A 30-year-old man has been charged with burglary and unlawful interference, according to police, and has been remanded in custody.

On Monday, a person allegedly stole jewellery and tools, among other items, from the homes on Princess St in the suburb of Takanini.

Counties Manukau Police Inspector Joe Hunter said an alleged burglar “entered a number of properties along a shared driveway”.

“We received five reports from victims all along the same stretch of road,” he said.

“Our staff were very quick to identify the offender via CCTV footage, which was provided by the victims.”

Police urged homeowners to be “vigilant around locking windows and doors and that CCTV can be beneficial in providing additional home security.”

The 30-year-old man will reappear in Manukau District Court on January 22.

Share.